Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weigh-In Day...

was yesterday, I know :)  I am here today, though, and I am posting my weight, even though I would rather ignore it.  But since I am no longer doing 'my little ostrich act' I am going to post it, deal with it, and move on.  My weight was up to 184.14 lbs.  So I gained .88 lbs last week.  As I type this I am aware that it is such a small number to freak out over.  It's actually pretty silly, I know.  But I am also aware that it isn't the number that freaks me out, it is what I do in my head.  The way I can twist any little setback around and turn it into a huge failure.  How I can turn me into a huge failure.  On the bright side, I am onto that sneaky little sabotager and her tricks are losing their effectiveness.  I see it happening.  I am going to spend more time reading my affirmations, I find it very helpful.  I am also going to just keep going on with the knowledge that I can, and will do this.  I am doing this.  So, anyway, moving on....


4 comments:

  1. Pffft.... .88 ain't nothin' :)

    You are doing fantastic Cara, don't ever forget it. I love that you share your inside (your head) voice with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, Thank you for the comment on my blog today. I think affirmations are a great idea. I can see where we were freaking out over a few of the same things. This weight loss journey is really something isn't it? After I posted I thought about deleting it, but then thought it's what I'm feeling and will perhaps be good to look back on. Never give up! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing an awesome job, so don't freak out over this. you will get back on track and tacle next week with a loss!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOn't be too hard on yourself. You will have some losses, too. Stay string and don;t make a little increase upset the apple cart and give you reason to overeat.

    ReplyDelete