Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weigh-In Day

It's that time again :) I really did not want to step on the scale this morning.  I have been avoiding it.  So I did it anyway and I am glad that I did.  I always seem to blow things way out of proportion.  I am not where I want to be yet, not by a long shot.  But I am also definitely not doing as bad as I convince myself that I am.  I lost .22lbs.  Not great, I know!!!  But it is definitely nowhere near the 5-10 lbs I convinced myself that I had gained.  Isn't it crazy what our own minds can do to us?  I am so glad that I am recognizing these things more and more lately.  So anyway my current weight is 185.02 lbs.  Now to get things moving again :)  I am committing to no junk this week.  Maybe it sounds easy, but I am in the middle of a sugar situation :)  So getting past it always seems a little harder, once I am out of it is is much easier.  So I am committing to one week of no junk at all and next Tuesday I will reevaluate the situation.  I think I may have to just give up the crap for good.  I don't even really like it all that much, why do I let it get a hold of me?  Well, that's it for now.  I am giving up junk food, meaning cookies, granola bars, chips, anything packaged really.  One week, I will be able to think much more clearly without all this sugar in my system.  Happy Tuesday!

Bye for now,

2 comments:

  1. I am happy that you got on the scale. Sometimes we just need to do it and get it over with and move forward ! Congrats on the weightloss.

    Sugar cravings are the worst, maybe you can swap the "junk" with fruit. Natural sugar !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the little games our heads play with us. I am glad you were wrong about the weight. Congrats on the loss :)

    No junk is a big challenge, but I am sure you can do it. Just make sure that you eat enough of the good foods. The first few days can be really rough. Junk foods, especially sugar are addictive, so when you stop eating them the body goes through a withdrawal crises. Once you push through those first days it gets a lot easier. The physical need for those foods goes away and all that is left is the emotional connection. It's hard, but it's possible. The benefits are huge. Go, Cara! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete